Triple Grain Porridge (V + GF)

reading time: 1 min


Guys, I'm back with another recipe post! Good news: I can chew again! Lol. After not being able to eat anything but smoothies and soups due to my wisdom teeth removal, I'm sooo glad that I can almost eat normal again! Hooray!

To celebrate, I've got one of my favourite sort of breakfast at the moment for you: triple grain porridge that is vegan and gluten-free. Enjoy!

TRIPLE GRAIN PORRIDGE

Preparation time: 15 mins
Main ingredients: oats, polenta, millet
difficulty level: easy
serves: 2
suitable for: vegan, lactose-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, low-fat

Ingredients

2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup oats (use gluten-free if that is a concern)
1/3 cup polenta
1/3 cup millet
2 cups plant-based milk (I use soy milk)
a dash of cinnamon 
a pinch of salt

toppings of your choice
 

Instructions

Bring milk to a boil. In a bowl, mash your banana and add to a small saucepan along with your milk. As soon as it starts to boil, toss in the oats, polenta and millet, as well as a pinch of salt and cinnamon. Stir well, switch off the heat and close the lid. Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes.

Sweeten and garnish the porridge to your liking – I used frozen raspberries, jam and tahini.

This breakfast is rich in protein and good carbs, and will keep you full until lunch time!




Maisy

0 Comments